About

Well, let’s think about this for a minute. What does the world in general need to know about me? I’m a very happily married Christian woman, mother, and teacher. I teach 11th and 12th grade English as well as mythology and technical writing at Rye High School. I also teach technical writing online for Pueblo Community College. Some of my newer roles in life include being a wife, step-mom, mother-in-law, and grandma. I’m very blessed to have my mother, sister, and her family close by.

I’m a pretty big geek. I completed a M.Ed. in educational technology in 2004 (4.0 GPA, thank you very much.) I really love techy-toys like my iPod, Palm Pilot, etc. There’s always a list of more tech toys (I mean TOOLS) that I “need” very badly. I really enjoy exploring ways to bring technology into my classroom and to share that with my colleagues. This is such an exciting time to be in education.

For hobbies I enjoy music (singing, listening, and playing piano), scrapbooking and paper crafts, cooking, cross-stitch, and crochet. A couple of years ago a friend helped me record a CD just for grins. It was tons fun and something I had wanted to do for a long time.

nancy-sm.jpg